Functional Medicine that Treats Your Body’s Specific Needs
Do you sense something is wrong regarding your health or overall wellness? Perhaps you’ve been told by medical experts that everything looks normal or that it’s all in your head. If you aren’t feeling like yourself and can’t figure out why we’re here to help.
At Root Causes, we focus on treating patients through uncovering the hidden, underlying causes of conditions and illnesses. Using natural methods whenever possible, we work to prevent future illness, relieve symptoms, and reverse the progression of existing diseases by finding the root cause of health concerns for people of all ages.
Our doctors and experts will guide you through a personalized health plan with various therapies to address your condition and provide long-term healing. No two people are the same, so we tailor each treatment plan and approach based on the patient’s needs.
What is Functional Medicine?
We practice what is called integrative medicine. Integrative medicine combines the best of alternative and conventional medicine. To accomplish this, we practice a medical approach known as functional medicine.
Functional medicine providers use a unique approach to discover the underlying causes of many health conditions and illnesses. Because the human body is so intricate and complex, it requires careful consideration for the patient’s whole being. By focusing on variables including the patient’s needs, lifestyle, health history, symptoms, genetics, and environment, we can determine unique, long-term, and sustainable solutions.
Functional Medicine vs. Integrative Medicine
Integrative medicine and functional medicine go hand in hand. While integrative medicine uses both conventional and alternative therapies, functional medicine provides a framework for the integrative medicine approach.
When we use a functional medicine’s systematic model of analyzing the patient’s whole being so we can see a much bigger picture of their health. This knowledge of your overall well-being is combined with functional medicine to address the root cause of the condition and implemented to encourage unique, sustainable solutions.
Patient-Centered Functional Medicine Approach
Everything we do at Root Causes is done with a patient-centered approach. When we analyze all the information about our patients, including their lifestyle, genetics, environment, etc., we’re able to develop a trusted partnership with them. The trust we build allows our patients to feel confident and empowered. Our patients are confident in the fact that they have the ability to advocate for themselves to determine the best solution for their condition. Our patient-centered approach includes:
- Continued research and education surrounding modern medicine concerning biology, genetics, lifestyle, and environmental factors in a person’s life that can influence how an illness or disease progresses over time
- Using a modern clinical model to uncover, diagnose, assess, treat, reverse progression, and relieve symptoms of existing illnesses and conditions by focusing on the patient’s whole being rather than a specific set of symptoms
- Allowing our patients to advocate for their own health and wellness, creating a productive and working partnership between our providers and patients
Address the Root Cause of the Disease
We treat patients by creating a unique, individualized treatment plan that addresses the underlying causes for many of these common conditions:
- Adrenals & Stress – Long-term stress can have several effects on your body, including mood swings, autoimmune issues, low energy, and weight gain.
- Allergies – We can help identify what triggers your allergies and boost the health of your immune system to help your body fight allergies naturally.
- Brain & Mood – The brain is a powerhouse for achieving excellent concentration, memory, and an optimal mood.
- Cardiovascular – While conventional medicine approaches focus on the symptoms of cardiovascular/heart disease, we work to find the root cause.
- Gut Health – Having good gut health and microbiome balance is essential for your physical, mental, and overall wellbeing.
- Hormones – Hormonal imbalances can often be the underlying cause of diabetes, obesity, fatigue, inflammation, and brain fog.
- Thyroid – An imbalance of your thyroid hormone can be the cause of weight gain, thinning hair, depression, fatigue, and more.
- Weight Loss – Various hormonal and metabolic factors can cause weight issues, and we explore the fundamental problems causing weight gain
Start your healing journey.
Contact Root Causes Today
Your individual lifestyle, environment, and genetics all affect your overall well-being in complex ways. By using functional medicine and integrative approaches, we can focus on the underlying causes of conditions and help establish a personalized treatment plan for sustainable solutions and the prevention of future illness. Our mission is to be an instrument of personal healing by treating the root causes of disease for residents in and around San Antonio, TX. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and start your healing journey!